How to Ventilate Non-invasively in a DGH
Acute & Chronic NIV MASTERCLASS (Virtual) on 18 January 2023
This virtual masterclass will give attendees the opportunity to explore the application of acute and chronic non-invasive ventilation in the DGH.
Morning sessions will cover the theory and physiology of NIV followed by equipment demonstrations. In the afternoon, you will be invited to join either the acute or chronic streams.
With theory relevant to your preferred stream, and the opportunity to apply and consolidate knowledge in the clinical scenario sessions; the acute stream will address NIV in the acutely deteriorating patient. Meanwhile the chronic stream will cover set up and management of patients requiring NIV, mid to long term.
Paediatric trainees • Paediatric Emergency Medicine Trainees • Advanced Nurse Practitioners • Paediatric nurses • Paediatric consultants • Specialist nurses • CNS
Learning aims, objectives and outcomes
- Introduction of role of acute NIV and Humidified High flow Nasal cannula (HHFNC) O2 in the DGH, in acutely unwell patients and those requiring chronic NIV / LTV
- Discussion of applied NIV physiology
- Provide an update on different forms of acute & chronic LTV
- Provide an update on advances in HHFNC O2 and its role in the acutely unwell child
- Provide practical skills around commencing and using NIV in the acute and chronic patients
Please follow this link for registration, further information & delegate fee rates: https://www.eventsforce.net/nivmasterclass